NSW and Wollongong City Council have taken strong measures to protect the health of the community with the recent risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19). Activate Events is committed to the safety of our participants and supporters. We look forward to delivering safe events on March 6.
Activate Events has a detailed COVID safety plan to help ensure participant and community safety. These plans are updated regularly and based on current (at the time) NSW Health regulations and advice. Plans are modified when/as required.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE CHANGES WE’RE MAKING?
- Registration – dual zones with restricted numbers based on event time.
- Reduced wave capacities
- Spectator free zones to remain within beach capacity and allow for social distancing
- Dedicated COVID-19 Safety marshals
- All participants must submit their phone number when registering
- All participants to complete a pre-event covid questionnaire 48 hours prior to event day
As an outdoor event, we will have use of a large venue to host the event. This includes a separate start (Wollongong Harbour) and finish (North Wollongong Beach) for most events. Covid safety plans will be in operation
Please observe the following
- Maintain physical distancing practices
- All participants must submit their phone number when registering.
- All participants to complete a event day covid check in
- Event covid plans include reducing / contact-less registration, medal collection, self service water stations, covid marshals, volunteers use of face masks at check in, gloves and hand sanitiser
- We encourage use of face masks at check in (indoor venue)
- Limit the number of spectators please at the start or finish so we do not exceed the beach capacity
- We will have dedicated COVID safety marshals at the start and finish area.
- Please refrain from giving high fives or hugs to others and maintain physical distancing.
- Please use hand sanitiser available throughout the start, finish and drink station areas (including the toilets).
- Starts are in groups. Maintain social distancing until the starter gun
- Once you cross the finish line, we kindly ask that you collect your personal belongings quickly and move out of the refreshment area.
- Please contact our customer service team if you have undertaken a COVID-19 test with a positive result within 14 days of Splash Wollongong 2021 and/or if you have undertaken a COVID-19 test and awaiting results. You will require proof of testing and/or results.
What if the event gets cancelled due to Covid 19?
- We will do our best to ensure Splash Wollongong 2021 proceeds!
- If the Event is cancelled due to COVID-19 and alternate dates are unavailable, a credit for the full Event entry fee will be provided against the entry fee for the 2022 Splash Wollongong.
- Refunds or credits will not be made for any additional items purchased, such as event merchandise and charitable donations.