EVENT DAY INFORMATION
Location: Wollongong Harbour
Check In / Registration
- Location: WOLLONGONG CITY BEACH SURF CLUB:
- Marine Drive, Wollongong. Underneath the function centre. Ample parking nearby.
- Masks required for indoor settings
- Must fill out NSW Health covid app on arival to check in.
- One parent to attend with child.
- Team – one member only
At registration you will receive:
- Swim cap – to be worn for swim section.
- Timing chip – attach to left ankle. MUST be returned after race at finish area.
Late Entry- Event Day
- Entry is online as per standard entry and will be taken up to 30min prior to each event on event day.
- Late entry is online only. No manual forms, nor cash.
- Once paid, you will be provied with an (e-ticket) electronically
- Proceed to registration to show number, collect swim cap and time chip as per on time entrants
- Big: 6.45am – 8am
- Mini/kids: 7.15am-8.45am
- 8.30am – 10am
What To Bring To Registration: Personal ID (eg Driver’s Licence)
Aquathon (* subject to change pending conditions/safety)
Rolling starts, walk in entry from shoreline, approx 4-8 swimmers each 10 second intervals
|8.30||Big Aqua||Female and Teams|
|8.50am||Little Aqua||Junior U16 & Team U18|
|8.55am||Little Aqua||Male 16+|
|9am||Little Aqua||Female 18+ & Teams 18+|
|9.15am||Kids Aqua||Girls 10-12|
|9.18||Kids Aqua||Boys 10-12|
|9.20||Kids Aqua||Teams 10-12|
|9.25||Kids Aqua||U10’s boys and girls, teams|
|10.30||2km Ocean swim||All, rolling start|
Event day information
- All events start and finish at Wollongong harbour
- Amenity block and cafe on site
- Set up as per event site maps (scroll down)
- Finish line services include Finisher Medals
- First Aid
- Water safety
- Course signage and marshals
- Finish line water
- A fun crowd
Site Maps: Main venue / start Wollongong harbour
- A designated swim warm up area and entry point is provided at the northern end of the harbour.
- Nearby amenities at the continental swimming pool (20m) or north beach pavilion (500m from warm up).
- Enter via the boat ramp as per the map
- Wait in the swim marshalling area when called.
- The start area will be marked and extended to reduce density of waiting athletes.
- The swim start will be in event waves
- Rolling start
- Walk entry from shoreline
- Please listen carefully to instructions.
- 3 separate zones will be set up at the harbour, per event (Big / Mini / Kids)
- Place run gear (keep valuables/other to minimal) minimal 1.5m apart
- No spectactors allowed in transition.
- Limit one parent/adult to assist children U13
- Minimise interaction with others
- For COVID Safety, please limit your time in transition to under 5 minutes each time for setup and collection.
TEAMS: Time Chips & Relay hand over
- Runner stands in team tag area (Refer map/listen announcer)
- Swimmer begins with tag, than passes to runner (swap from swimmer ankle to runner ankle). Holding in your hand will NOT record time.
- Team runner location on sand– refer map (Kids north end), Big and Mini south end on the sand.
- Athletes are encouraged to carry their own nutrition and hydration.
- Course marshals and signage along route
- On course one aid station will be reconfigured to minimize contact.
- Water station at north beach (1km mark of run)
- Athletes will be required to remove their own timing chips and exit the finish line area
- Place in allocated containers
- Athletes will move in one direction through the recovery area once they cross the finish line.
- Unless receiving medical assistance, athletes are required to leave the event site, within 10 minutes of crossing the finish line.
- Athletes are encouraged to BYO post-race nutrition.
- Water provided
- Finisher medals*
Safety and First Aid
Activate Events has deliverd over 40 events with thousands of participants, succesfully and safely participating. We have an impecccable safety record and work to ensure safety remains at the fore of our event. All events of this nature have elements of risk which participants should be aware of and accept.
Your safety is supported by
- Covid safe plans and approval
- Dedicated lifesavers
- Over 20 course marshals
- First Aid, at start, finish and one course
- Detailed risk management plans
- Only one support person for children at registration and/start area
- Spectators will not be allowed inside the finish line and event areas.
- Spectators on course must adhere to social distancing guidelines. COVID marshals will be in attendance.
- Spectators outside the event area are required to register their attendance via a QR code scan.
Ample parking onsite along Marine drive and endeavour drive (parking bays), Cliff road and harbour street all within 100-600m of event start.
- We do not have an area to store your personal baggage – so please only bring what you need.
- Cars are generally located close by.
- Listen to announcer on event day
- Please make sure you read website with all instructions carefully, and know the course.
- And stay up to date on the social media page for latest updates
- Located at Wollongong City Beach (registration), Wollongong Harbour (start), Continental swimming pool (200m from start),
- North Beach Pavilion Finish Area (200m from finish and 800m from harbour
Parents & Kids
- Limit one parent/supporter for children at registration and start area due to covid space restrictions.
- One parent/guardian can assist children U10 in the event (must place name on registration online form), no fee required.
Presentation – Category awards
- There will be no presentation at the event.
- Only 2km swim awards will be presented to outright winners
- Post event mail out, pick up will be communciated to award recipients
- Post event award posted on event website
Weather, Contingency plans:
- Expect Splash Wollongong to continue under near all weather conditions (rain, hail or sunshine!) and will not be cancelled unless extreme weather conditions affect participant safety.
- Wollongong harbour is a recreational harbour, typically clean and safe for swimming. It can be rain, storm affected as per local beaches and you are advised to take own precautions.
- Swim/event courses may be modified or changed on the day for safety pending conditions
- Splash Wollongong will be supported by a team of wonderful and experience lifesavers and first aiders
- Contingency harbour plan for 2km swimmers. Though not likely as the swim does not venture into the surf break, if conditions are too hazardous outside of harbour, the course will be modified to a 3 lap inner Harbour Swim (1600m – 2000m).
- Photos will be posted on social media page after the event
A huge thank you in advance to all our volunteers who will be giving up their time to support you all over the weekend.
If you know someone who can volunteer for Splash Wollongong please let our crew know by contacting us at email@example.com or phone (0413 862676).
Splash Wollongong is about having fun, getting back to events and in a ‘covid safe manner’. We all play a part and work together still make it a fun event. Wollongong Splash will have a detailed COVID-19 safety plan and we will ensure processes are followed on event day. All participants must agree to adhering to the COVID-19 safe practices and completion of a Covid questionnaire prior to event day (this will be sent separately). All participants and spectators are required to sign in with event QR code.
Refer to our website and your pre day guide with Covid safety information
Registration covid measures
- The registration area will have dedicated entry and exit points.
- Athletes encouraged to use hand sanitiser provided at entry point.
- Face masks are required in the Registration Area.
- There will be a limited number of volunteers to assist with registration.
- Race pack pick up will be in a self-service, walk-throughformat to limit contact and improve social distancing measures.
Keep up to date
- Key announcements posted on official social media page. Like us
Hope that covers you questions, but please visit the website with loads of information and don’t forget to stay connected for latest news on social- facebook page
Thank you for supporting Splash Wollongong and Activate Events
Rob and the Activate Events Team