EVENT DAY INFORMATION
Location: Wollongong Harbour
NOTE: Registration is at Wollongong City Surf Club – 300m walk to the harbour. Go there first!
Weather / other last minute concerns? Read below
Check In / Registration
- Location: WOLLONGONG CITY BEACH SURF CLUB:
- Marine Drive, Wollongong.
- The surf club is located directly underneath the function centre on beach level.
- Ample parking nearby.
- 300m walk to harbour start venue
ALL participants must check in on event day along with any late entrants
At registration you will receive:
- Swim cap – to be worn for swim section.
- Timing chip – attach to left ankle. MUST be returned after race at finish area.
- AFTER 5PM FRIDAY 9TH DECEMBER You will receive an e-ticket race number via the email you registered with.
- This is to be shown at registration as it is your time chip race number.
- Go to the table with your event sign ie Aquathon or Swims
- Volunteer will ask your number or look it up for you, and hand you the time chip
- Collect time chip and fit to your left ankle
- Go the swim cap table to collect (self service) your allocated swim cap colour via the chart sign
- Parent to attend with child.
- Team – one can collect race kit
- Head to Wollongong Harbour for event site, and listen to the announcer
Questions or changes?
Go to the questions/help area at registration
LATE REGISTRATION: ONLINE AFTER 4pm 9/12/22 to 30min before each event start
- Late entry is Entry is only avaliable online HERE
- Once paid, you will be provied with an (e-ticket) electronically via the email*within 2 minutes
- Go to your event registration area
- Show your eticket and the volunteer will provide you with your time chip and fitting instructions.
- Go the self service swim cap table to collect your swim cap
- Head to the start at Wollongong harbour
- *If you cannot find your email go to HELP desk
- NEED HELP WITH ONLINE ENTRY? Our friendly crew will have ipads to take your entry or help you with your phone / device entry. Go to help desk
- Long: 6.50am – 8.30am (ensure allocate time to register and go to harbour for your start time)
- 8.30am – 10am
Rolling starts, walk in entry from shoreline, approx 2 swimmers each 3-5 second intervals
|Female and Teams
Kids Aqua U10
|U10’s all individual/teams
Ample parking onsite along Marine drive and Endeavour drive (parking bays), Cliff road and Harbour street all within 100-600m of event start.
- We do not have an area to store your personal baggage – so please only bring what you need.
- Cars are generally located close by.
- All events start and finish at Wollongong Harbour
- Amenity block’s at registration (City Beach surf club) and at rear of cafe at the Harbour
- Additional showers and amenity block at Continental Swim pools 30om walk north of the harbour
- Showers/change: City Beach (where registration was) and continental swim pool or north wollongong beach
- Transition and finish areas- Refer site map below
- Finisher Medals at finish line
- Professional set up and approvals
- First Aid
- Water safety
- Course signage and marshals
- Finish line water/fruit
- Finisher medals
- Placegetter medals and awards
- Spot prizes
- A fun event
Site Maps: Main venue / Wollongong harbour
- A designated swim warm up area and entry point is provided at the northern end of the Harbour.
- 20min before your event go to the north side “swim marshalling area” as per map
- Wait in the swim marshaling area when called.
- The swim start will be in event waves
- Rolling start: 2 people at a time, 3-5 seconds apart
- Walk entry from shoreline
- Please listen carefully to instructions.
- Place run gear (keep valuables/other to minimal) in the transition area as per map
- No spectactors allowed in transition.
- Limit one parent/adult to assist children U13
TEAMS: Time Chips & Relay hand over
- Runner stands in team tag area (Refer map/listen announcer)
- Swimmer begins with tag on their left ankle, than after the swim, you meet your runner and swap the velcro from swimmer ankle to runner ankle.
- Holding in your hand will NOT record time.
- Team runner location on sand at SWIM EXIT of your event (kids, short or long)
- Course marshals and signage along route
- Mostly wide cycleway/walk way along coastline
- Grass area from 1km mark to 1.5km for Short and Long Aquathon
- Kids Aquathon turn point at North Wollongong Beach at rear of surf club (sign and marshal will indicate)
- Short Aqua Turn is at Lagoon restaruant (1.5k out and back)
- Long Aqua run course extends past Short aqua turn, along cycle way, to enter Puckey’s nature reserve (1km off dirt track each way) than back the same way
- Water station at north beach (1km mark of run) and at fairy meadow (turn point) for Long Aqua
- Lot’s signage and marshals along route
- Please be aware of public and share the paths!
- Athletes will be required to remove their own timing chips and place in collect tubs at end of event
- Collect finisher medals yeah! well done
- Water and fruit provided
- First Aid on site
Safety and First Aid
Activate Events has deliverd over 40 events with thousands of participants, succesfully and safely participating. We have an impecccable safety record and work to ensure safety remains at the fore of our event. All events of this nature have elements of risk which participants should be aware of and accept.
Your safety is supported by
- Covid safe plans
- Dedicated lifesavers
- Over 20 course marshals
- First Aid, at start, finish and one course
- Detailed risk management plans
- Listen to announcer on event day
- Please make sure you read website with all instructions carefully, and know the course.
- And stay up to date on the social media page for latest updates
- Located at Wollongong City Beach (registration), Wollongong Harbour (start), Continental swimming pool (200m from start),
- North Beach Pavilion Finish Area (200m from finish and 800m from Harbour
Will be posted online within 60minutes of your event finish.
Presentation – Category awards
- Rolling presentation: Aquathon ~ 10am and Swims ~11.30am.
- Activate Tent near finish line
- Awards list as per event on website
Weather, Contingency plans
- Expect Splash Wollongong to continue under near all weather conditions (rain, wind or sunshine!) and will not be cancelled unless extreme weather conditions affect participant safety.
- Swim/event courses may be modified or changed on the day for safety pending conditions
- Splash Wollongong will be supported by a team of experience lifesavers and first aid team
- Contingency plan for 2km swimmers. If conditions are too hazardous outside of harbour, the course will be modified to a 3 lap inner Harbour Swim (1600m – 2000m).
- Photos will be posted on social media page after the event
A huge thank you in advance to all our volunteers who will be giving up their time to support you all over the weekend.
If you know someone who can volunteer for Splash Wollongong please let our crew know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Splash Wollongong is about having fun, getting back to events and in a ‘covid safe manner’. We all play a part and work together still make it a fun event.
Wollongong Splash will has a detailed COVID-19 safety plan and we will ensure processes are followed on event day.
Please adhere to to the NSW Government guidelines at time of the event
Keep up to date
- Key announcements posted on official social media page. Like us
Hope that covers you questions, but please visit the website with loads of information and don’t forget to stay connected for latest news on social- facebook page
Thank you for supporting Splash Wollongong and Activate Events
Rob and the Activate Events Team